Survey Email Composer throws an error: "We couldn't find the record you're trying to access" when trying to send an Email with the Survey Link
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-6201499 ·Reported By 2 users
"We couldn't find the record you're trying to access. It may have been deleted by another user, or there may have been a system error. Ask your administrator for help" error message might appear when trying to send a Survey link.
1. Log in to the Org and in setup-->global actions-->global action, edit the record of type send email named "SendEmail" and change the name to "Email" instead (ensure you have no global action with name "SendEmail" if any rename it to anything else other than "SendEmail")
2. Open a Survey
3. On the upper-right corner click the dropdown and click the "Open Latest Version" action.
4. On the centre-top of the page select the option "Send".
5. Click on "Send Email"
6. Select "Survey Link" on the "Select Content" dropdown.
7. Click Next.
Actual Results: We couldn't find the record you're trying to access. It may have been deleted by another user, or there may have been a system error. Ask your administrator for help.
Make sure you have a Global Action that has its default name: SendEmail.
There are three more things to keep in mind for this to work:
1. Ensure Setup > Deliverability > Access to Send Email org wide pref is set to "All Emails" (this is OFF by default in Sandbox orgs, and also on trial orgs which haven't verified the user email address)
2. Ensure the user has the Send Email user perm (which also adds the Edit Tasks user perm)
3. Ensure that the Send Email Action is added to Lightning Actions in the Page Layout.
Please note these three are requirements of the feature, not part of the Bug.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.