Insufficient Privileges Error When Saving Page Layout
Last updated 2022-07-05 ·Reference W-11312474 ·Reported By 74 users
System Admins receive Insufficient Privileges error when they try to edit and save page layouts. This has been happening since the Summer 22 release.
1. Login as Admin
2. Go to Page Layouts for any Object for example Accounts.
3. Add any field to the layout.
4. Save the changes.
5. Get Insufficient Privileges Error.
There are 3 possible workarounds.
1. The customers removed additional layouts from a specifically related list in the related list configuration under “Apply column information to other page layouts”.
--> On the layout that fails to save, check all the related lists by clicking on the configuration wrench
--> Check the section titled "Apply column information to other page layouts".
--> If there are any additional layouts checked, uncheck them.
--> Make sure to do this for all related lists.
--> Now try to save the layout.
2. Disable Enable Enhanced Page Layout Editor from the User Interface section (under Setup).
3. Removing related lists or any other page layout artifacts from Suspended Managed Packages from the page layout.
Reported By (74)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.