Tab with embedded services chat button flashes with message count even when all messages have been read
Last updated 2022-10-19 ·Reference W-9631450 ·Reported By 8 users
On the chat visitor side, when a chat is ongoing, if the agent sends messages while the user is on a different tab, the tab flashes with the unread message count.
If the visitor clicks the button, and scrolls down to read all the unread messages, the flashing notification should stop but it continues.
1) Setup a simple embedded services chat implementation.
2) Start a chat.
3) While the chat is ongoing, minimize the chat window on the visitor side and switch to another tab.
4) From the agent side, send a few messages.
5) On the visitor side, you will see the tab with chat flashing with an unread message count.
6) Return to the chat tab and click on the chat button on the chasitor side and open the chat window.
7) Scroll down to read all the unread messages on the chat window and reach the bottom of the window.
8) Notice the tab is still flashing with the previous unread message count.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.