Mapped attributes using picklist/restricted values do not update Salesforce when changing the attribute value
Last updated 2022-04-15 ·Reference W-5686154 ·Reported By 0 users
There is a bug with the integration between SalesCloud and MarketingCloud Attribute mapping functionality when using a PickList values. When receiving an email and trying to update the mapped attribute back to default value it will never change the value in Salesforce. It will either make it "None/empty" or it will leave it in the previous state if this field is marked as required in Salesforce.
1) On SalesCloud create a pick list field for a Contact, add 2 or 3 possible values and and make it Required and set a default value to the field
2) On MarketingCloud under profile management create the same field and link to the field in SalesCloud - Contact
3) Create a new contact in SalesCloud and send an email via the integration to that new contact
4) On the message received, click on "Update Profile" at the footer link in the email and attempt to change the values for the picklist
5) Changing this to other fields that are not marked as default values works without issue.
6) Change it back to the default value
7) Navigate to the contact in Salesforce and see that the field has not been updated.
Remove the default and restricted values from the attribute in Marketing Cloud
Change the field to a text type within Salescloud
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.