Lightning Knowledge Migration Tool would merge multiple article types to one record type
Last updated 2021-08-03 ·Reference W-9614150 ·Reported By 0 users
When the classic Knowledge contains 37 or more Article types, Lightning Knowledge Migration Tool considers articles with prefixes KA(A-Z) and KA(a-z) as same and maps to same record type.
i.e., KAA and KAa records mapped to one record type ; KAB and KAb records are mapped to another record type. Ideally KAA and KAa records should be mapped to 2 different record types as they belong to 2 different article types.
1) Set up a fresh org and enable knowledge ( do not enable lightning knowledge)
2) Switch to classic view and create 40 Article Types
3) Create 40 articles , each article corresponding to 1 type and publish them.
4) Start Lightning Knowledge Migration Tool from setup and proceed till the Migration step.
5) Once the migration shows 40 articles as successfully migrated, check the Knowledge__kav.MigrategToFrmArticleVersion column and find the articles which start with 'KAa' and 'KAA'. Check the corresponding RecordTypeId value. We can see same record type for both the articles which shouldn't be the case.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.