"Insufficient access rights on cross-reference id" when attempting to update case records.
Last updated Today ·Reference W-9555924 ·Reported By 15 users
Some customers may have observed that they see the following error when attempting to update a case record in either sandbox or Production:
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors.
Click here to return to the previous page.
When the same record is updated via the API, the following error is seen:
Salesforce Id Result Status
1 Insufficient Access Rights On Cross-reference Id INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY
This occurs when the value of the field tracking the item which in this case could be the 'status' is changed, there is an attempt to create a new Pending Service Routing (PSR) but this fails because the Routing Configuration Id associated with the queue is null
Note: the issue occurs only for queues that the item has previously been routed to. Supposing the case was previously routed to Queue1 and Queue2 (both with a routing config), having a Queue3 with no routing config does not impact the change on the Case field.
But if later on the routing config is removed from Queue1 or Queue2, then the error will be prompted
1. Enable Status Based capacity model
2. Create a queue to route Cases to. Assign a routing configuration to it.
3. Configure a Case Service Channel for Status-Based
4. Select a field to track the Case status and select some values for "In Progress"
5. Route a case to the queue.
6.Accept it and then change the status to make it "Completed". Save.
7. Now, remove the Routing configuration from the Queue.
8. Navigate to the completed Case and edit the status to make it "In Progress"
9. you will get the error "Insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
Assigning a routing configuration back to the Queue solves the issue
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.