Unable to deactivate Service Resource when associated User is reactivated without Field Service perms
Last updated 25 days ago ·Reference W-10064995 ·Reported By 0 users
Deactivating a User with Field Service permissions and subsequently reactivating the same user without Field Service permissions results in their associated Service Resource record being activated despite not having the required permissions.
1. Log into Field Service enabled org
2. Create new user, assign to Standard Profile w/ Field Service Standard perm
3. Clone the Standard Profile and uncheck the Field Service Standard perm
4. Create new Service Resource for above user, eg. Technician
5. In setup, navigate to and edit the new user's record and uncheck 'active'. Confirm that the Service Resource is also deactivated.
6. Change the profile of the user to the cloned profile from Step. 3
7. Mark the user as 'active'
8. Navigate to the Service Resource and note that it has also been activated, despite user not having the required permissions
9. Attempt to deactivate the Service Resource,
note validation error: "Looks like the selected user doesn't have permission to be a service resource. Your Salesforce admin can help with that."
Temporarily re-add Resource permission to the user to deactivate the Service resource record
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.