SMS Click Tracking not displaying if external bit.ly is present with link shortened in SFMC
Last updated 2022-02-17 ·Reference W-9931260 ·Reported By 0 users
When an external bit.ly link is included in an SMS message, the click tracking does not display. If only internal links are used, the tracking does display.
1. Create an outbound message in MobileConnect UI
2. In the message contacts, create 1 link using Link shortner and use 1 external bit.ly link
3. Send the message and wait for stats aggregation to be completed
4. Click on message details from Overview screen and notice that URL Tracking - All Time does not show up
Use the Developer Console to view the tracking information.
1. Open the Developer Console prior to clicking on the message from the MobileConnect Overview page
2. Select the Network tab in the Developer console
3. The call shows the response from the bit.ly service
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.