Automation Status on Journey Schedule pane shows as Running when activity is not fully configured in Paused Automation
Last updated 2021-03-04 ·Reference W-8547904 ·Reported By 0 users
Journeys using the Data Extension entry source and Automation scheduled type display the status of the associated automation on the schedule pane in the Journey canvas. This Automation Status field should display 'Running' when the automation is active and 'Paused' when the automation is paused.
However, it has been observed that when new activities are added to the Automation, the Automation Status in Journey Builder will show as Running for a paused Automation if the activities are not fully configured before saving the automation.
1. In Contact Builder, create a sendable Data Extension.
2. In Automation Studio, create a Query Activity that targets the new data extension.
3. Create a new automation in Automation Studio. Add the Query Activity from step 2 to the new automation and Save. Do not Activate the Automation.
4. Create a new Journey in Journey Builder. Configure Data Extension entry source and select the data extension from step 1 as the entry source.
5. Click Schedule. Select scheduled type 'Automation'. Click Set Schedule and select automation containing the Query Activity. Under Contact Evaluation select an option and click Summary and Done.
6. Add Random Split to the Journey. Configure Journey Settings and Save.
Note: Automation Status on the Journey Schedule pane shows as Paused.
7. In the automation in Automation Studio, drag and drop a new activity to Step 2 of the automation (e.g. a File Transfer activity) but do not complete configuration of the new activity so that it remains grey. Save the automation.
Note: the Automation Status on the Journey will now show as Running.
Delete activities from the automation that are not fully configured OR complete the configuration of these activities before saving the Automation.
Alternatively, you can confirm the status of the Automation in Automation Studio.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.