Email "From" value in Send Email Quick Action for Case is set incorrectly when there are multiple From address values with the same address
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8615190 ·Reported By 23 users
From address value is not being set to the Email-to-Case routing address when replying to an Email-to-Case Case record.
This can result in Emails sent to customers with the wrong From Name values.
1) Enable Email-to-Case and create a routing address (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Go to "My Email Settings" for your User and change the Email Name to something different, and the Email Address to the same email as your routing address
3) Send an email to the Email-to-Case routing address to create a Case in your Organization
4) Go to the Case and open the SendEmail quick action on the Case
Result: The "From" value will be the From Name and From address of your "My Email Settings" instead of the routing address
5) On the SendEmail quick action, change the "From" value to the routing address
6) Type anything to the email body and reply to the email
Result: The recipient will see the From Name as the "My Email Settings" and not the routing address as selected in the Email Quick Action
- If there are locations where the same Email Address is used (User Email, My Email Settings, Email-to-Case routing address, OWA), then this issue can occur since the Winter '21 release
- Consider reviewing duplicate Email Address entries
Reported By (23)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.