Smart Capture Journey Builder Event form submission does not parse hidden input fields that are boolean correctly from string to boolean values
Last updated 2021-04-16 ·Reference W-8593512 ·Reported By 1 users
If a boolean field is a hidden input field on a Smart Capture form, the form is used in a CloudPages Journey Builder Event, and the hidden input field is not populated with a boolean-like value: "true" or "false"; then on submission of the form a contact will not be injected correctly due to an error parsing the string value to a boolean.
1) Create a CloudPage
2) Add a Smart Capture Form to your page that uses a Journey Builder Event
3) Use a hidden input boolean field
4) Submit form without a boolean value
5) Record is not injected to Journey
1) Make sure a value is passed for the hidden field. Default values in the target Data Extension do NOT count as values being passed and will still cause the injection to fail.
2) Use a Data Extension Entry Source and schedule it to run hourly.
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.