Formula field return value is different in Lightning and Classic UI When "If" Function using Blank value
Last updated 2022-03-30 ·Reference W-10268305 ·Reported By 1 users
Formula field return value is different in Lightning and Classic UI When "If" Function using Blank value. When a checkbox is referred to as Lookup Relationship, Classic UI does not evaluate it if there is no entity. But in Lightning, it is evaluated as is.
1. Create test org
2. Create CustomObject (Setup-> Create-> Objects-> [New Custom Object])
Object Name: testObject1
3. Create CustomFiled with testObject1
Data Type: Checkbox
Field Label: check1
4. Create "Lookup Relationship" CustomFiled with Opportunity
Data Type: Lookup Relationship
Related To: testObject1
Field Label: testObject1
5. Create Formula(Checkbox) CustomFiled with Opportunity
Data Type: Formula
Formula Return Type: Checkbox
Field Label: formula checkbox1
! testObject1__r. checkbox1_c,
6. Create test Opportunity record and Save it
Point: Do not specify anything for testObject1 field. It must be blank.
7. View the opportunity record in Lightning and classic view.
Result: Lightning it will return 1.
Classic view, it will return 0.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.