Marketing Cloud Connect integrated sends do not support exclusion scripts when sending via Email Studio
Last updated 2022-05-17 ·Reference W-6481853 ·Reported By 0 users
When using Email Studio send flow, a user can select the advance audience option, Exclusion Scripts. This allows AMPscript to be used to exclude subscribers at send time.
If sending to a Salesforce Report, Salesforce Campaign, or Salesforce data extension in Email Studio the advanced options for an audience, which includes exclusion scripts, is visible but Salesforce sends do not support data exclusion scripts.
1) Within Marketing Cloud Email Studio, create a new send.
2) Under select audience, choose a Salesforce Report, Campaign, or Salesforce Data Extension
3) On the same page, expand the Advanced Exclusions
4) Utilize the Exclusion Script option and finish the send
5) The exclusion script does not function as expected
Do not use exclusion scripts when sending to Salesforce Audiences as these currently do not function as expected and are unsupported.
To achieve similar behavior, we recommend using exclusion reports or sending through Journey Builder to your desired audience.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.