Filtered lookup is returning fewer results when searching using partial search term
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8598353 ·Reported By 6 users
Some customers may have observed that end users including admins are seeing fewer search results for their filtered lookups.
While to a certain degree this is WAD and documented here - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=search_crowding_considerations.htm&type=5
Enhancements have been made in the recent past that would allow users to see more results despite search crowding, this known issue is logged specifically to address the issues we're seeing with these enhancements not returning expected results.
1. For the Case entity, create a lookup field to the Account entity: LookupCaA.
2. For the Contact entity, create a lookup field to the Account entity: LookupCoA.
3. For the Contact entity, create a lookup field to the Case entity: LookupCoC.
4. Add a lookup filter to LookupCoC:
- Field - LookupCoC: LookupCaA: Account ID
- Operator - equals
- Field/Value - Field
- Right textbox - Contact: LookupCoA
5. Create an Account record: AccountFoo.
6. Create over 4000 Case records with the word "Test" in the Subject field.
7. Update a few of the newly created Case records such that LookupCaA lookup field will point to the AccountFoo record.
8. Create a new Contact record. Set LookupCoA lookup field to point to the AccountFoo record.
9. In the LookupCoC lookup field, perform a lookup search for the word "Test". The expected records from step 7 may not be found
Use a more specific search term to avoid search crowding.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.