Validation rule fires unexpectedly on Forecast Category
Last updated 2021-02-02 ·Reference W-8524192 ·Reported By 2 users
When there is a validation rule set for Forecast Category values, it fires inconsistently.
For example, the validation Rule is set to run when Forecast Category is 'Omitted'. In inline edit in lightning experience, if you set the stage value this automatically sets the forecast category, but when changing the forecast category before saving the system goes off the automatically set value (ex. omitted) and not the changed value (ex. pipeline).
**This issue also happens on the probability field.
1. Edit the Opportunity Stage field to add the following picklist value, if it doesn't exist already:
StageName = Transferring to SLA
Forecast Category = Omitted
Type, Probability = any value
2. Create a Validation Rule on Opportunity with the following syntax - ISPICKVAL(ForecastCategoryName ,"Omitted")
3. Create an Opportunity in LEX with the Stage 'Prospecting' this should automatically set the Forecast Category to 'Pipeline'
5. *inline* edit the new Opportunity record and change the stage to 'Transferring to SLA' (this is an OOTB value). This should automatically set the Forecast Category to 'Omitted'.
6. Before saving, override the automatically set value for Forecast Category to 'Pipeline'
7. Save - Validation error occurs.
Use the standard edit button.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.