Outlook Integration side panel takes a few minutes to load displaying 'The app can take some time to load'
Last updated 2022-02-16 ·Reference W-10261610 ·Reported By 13 users
Outlook Integration side panel takes around 1 to 4 minutes to load when the user is part of Einstein Activity Capture 'EAC'. Behavior could be noticed in Outlook desktop and OWA.
Product team has observed that during the side panel load some queries were run multiple times and collectively processed close to a million database records causing performance issues.
1. Configure EAC sync configuration to only allow Contact and Event sync, no Email streaming.
2. Assign user to a Sales Cloud Einstein permission set that allows EAC and no Inbox. Add user to EAC sync config and connect user mailbox under personal settings in Salesforce.
3. Navigate to OWA/Desktop Outlook and select any email
4. Load and login to Outlook Integration side panel
5. It displays a message "The app can take some time to load. You can wait, try closing the app and opening it again, or clear your settings and login again."
6. Notice that it takes anywhere between 1 to 4 minutes to load the side panel successfully
Remove user from EAC sync config and Sales Cloud Einstein permission set
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.