Gmail Integration: 'Add to Salesforce' New Case button does not produce a confirmation toast message, after the first successful case creation.
Last updated 2021-04-29 ·Reference W-8938653 ·Reported By 1 users
When creating a new record from the email integration side panel using the 'Add to Salesforce' New Case quick action button, the green toast confirmation will not show up during the first creation of a case after a restart of Gmail or Cookie and Cache clearing. The record was indeed created, but there is no confirmation toast to indicate that fact. This is only on the first case that is created, after logging in from a fresh state. Subsequent case creations will produce the necessary notification, without issue.
If you clear your cookies/cache and other temporary files, the problem will reoccur.
To verify if this issue is affecting you, please perform the following:
1) Clear your browsing history in chrome.
2) Close all instances of Google Chrome (both tabs and windows) so as to start fresh.
3) Open a new Chrome Browser window.
4) Navigate to your Gmail.
5) Open the side panel and log in.
6) Click on an email so it loads something in the side panel.
7) Click on the "New Case" button, in the side panel.
8) Enter your case details.
9) Click Save
10) No green toast message appears at the bottom of the screen.
11) Create a second case using steps 7 through 9, above.
12) The green toast message appears, as expected.
The case is being created. You're just not seeing the confirmation toast, with the case number in it. To verify your new case has been created, you can either search for it, in the email integration side panel's search bar, or you can navigate to your org, and verify there.
If you have browser settings that are set to clear out your browsing history and cookies, on a fairly regular basis, you may want to extend the time frame to a longer one, so as to minimize the impact.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.