When actions change in a page layout we intermittently see the wrong action getting executed
Last updated 2021-03-04 ·Reference W-8801794 ·Reported By 2 users
There's a timing issue.
Steps to Setup:
1. In any object, create two record types and two page layouts
2. The only difference in the page layouts should be the number of actions. (Add an extra action in layout2).
3. Assign the pages to the record types (R1 = P1, R2 = P2)
4. Ensure the change record type action is in both layouts and is the last action that appears in the highlights panel (in drop down)
1. Select change record type, select the other type and save. This causes a change in the layout and therefore the actions that are displayed in the highlights panel.
2. From the actions dropdown, select share or change owner
3. When the issue happens, we'll notice the wrong action template is used. Example: Share might open change owner's template or vice versa
4. You many need to repeat steps (a to c) 3-4 times before the issue happens.
To reload the record detail page.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.