Email quick action cannot be selected when not present in feeds region
Last updated 2021-04-05 ·Reference W-8649252 ·Reported By 4 users
In Lightning, when the email action is not present in same regions as that of the case feed, the error 'We can’t execute the API because the parent record isn’t selected' is displayed on selecting reply/reply all/forward actions for emails in the case feed
The Email composer should appear to reply, reply all, or forward
An error occurs: "We can’t execute the API because the parent record isn’t selected'
1. Create a new Lightning Record page for Case
2. Configure page with a Header and 3 Regions
3. Add whatever to the Header and Left Region
4. Add Tabs to Middle Region
5. One of these Tabs should be custom, label it anything (ie Email)
6. Add the Chatter Publisher to the Email Tab
7. Add the Chatter Feed to the Left Region
8. Save and Activate for all users (at least the sample affected user)
9. Create a sample record and send an email.
10. From the Chatter Feed on the Right Region, select Reply All
Add the Chatter Publisher standard component to the same region as the Chatter Feed component.
Have the Email tab already selected prior to selecting Reply/Reply All/Forward
The Email Composer tab must be selected in the Feed for the Reply and Reply-All Email actions to work.
Similarly, the Reply and Reply-All Email actions can’t be executed when the Email Composer tab isn't active.
These notes have been added to our Documentation:
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.