Chat Button's Customer Time-out Setting not respected when Bot transfers chat using 'Transfer' Rule Action and Time-out is set above Bot Default Timeo
Last updated 6 days ago ·Reference W-8524342 ·Reported By 15 users
When a web chat channel is connected to an Einstein bot and the bot uses a 'Transfer Rule Action' to transfer a chat from a Bot to an Agent, the 'Customer Time-Out (seconds)' set in the Chat Button's configurations is not respected if the timeout is greater than the Bot's default time-out of 30 minutes. If the chat visitor does not send a message then the Chat will end after roughly 30 minutes instead of ending after the specified time set in the Chat button
1. Set up a chat button with Customer Time-out Enabled. Set 'Customer Time-out (seconds)' to greater than 30 minutes.
2. Ensure transfer functionality is set using 'Transfer' Rule Action.
3. Start a chat with the bot. Chat can be started from Bot Preview, Embedded Service Chat window on visualforce page, or via legacy chat (e.g.: using chat button code and deployment code)
4. Agent accepts chat and either sends a message via Auto-Greeting or sends a message manually. If no message is sent after transfer then Time-out countdown does not trigger.
5. Customer does not send a message for ~30 minutes. Note: time spent in queue counts towards the timeout time
6.Chat automatically ends with "No agents are available" in chat visitor chat window. Chat Transcript Events will note that the "Visitor Left"
None at this time.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.