NavigationMenuItem is not exported correctly using Translation Workbench Export
Last updated 2021-02-16 ·Reference W-8250055 ·Reported By 5 users
Translation export files include a key "NavigationMenuItem.null" for each of the Navigation Menu Items in the org.
Imports using the file then fail with error "Duplicate key: NavigationMenuItem.null exists in import file, please re-export."
1. In a fresh Org
2. Create a Community (Template: Customer Service, for example)
3. Launch Community in Builder
4. Click [Navigation Menu] and Click [Edit Default Navigation]
5. Click [Add Menu Item]
Name: "test navigation item"
Type: Navigational Topic
6. Enable Translation Workbench and Add [English] (Setup-> Translation Workbench-> Translation Language Settings)
7. Translate "test navigation item" values (Setup-> Translation Workbench-> Translate)
Setup Component: Navigation Menu Item
test navigation item -> en_test navigation item
8. Goto Translation Workbench Export (Setup-> Translation Workbench-> Export)
9. Select [Bilingual] and Click [Export as STF]
RESULT: The exported file has key "NavigationMenuItem.null" for each Navigation Menu Item, and fails when there are 2 or more rows with that key.
Remove rows for "NavigationMenuItem" from the Translation file before importing that file.
Translations for Navigation Menu Items can be added through the User Interface.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.