Service Report related list components in Lightning result in error instead of a preview
Last updated 2021-02-16 ·Reference W-8153481 ·Reported By 0 users
Service Report related lists take the user to an error page instead of showing a preview, if the related list is in a sidebar or only spans 1/3 of a three column layout. The page is the detail page and gives error "You can't view this item in Lightning Experience. Open in Salesforce Classic."
1) Go to Lightning Experience
2) Create a service report from a work order
3) Edit the work order layout and add a related list to the sidebar that shows service reports
4) On the work order page, click the service report link in the sidebar
5) It takes you to the detail page for the record but shows "You can't view this item in Lightning Experience. Open in Salesforce Classic."
6) Clicking the link "Open in Salesforce Classic" take you to the detail page in classic but it's also an error
7) If you go to the 'Related' section in Lightning and click the service report link it opens up a pdf preview
Avoid putting the related list for service reports in a position where these links appear.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.