Can't copy the record if user don't have the record type permission on Sandbox using Salesforce for iOS
Last updated 2021-04-22 ·Reference W-8139572 ·Reported By 0 users
When the record which was set the unavailable record type for the operating user was cloned on Sandbox org using Salesforce for iOS v226 or later, the following error would occur:
Review the error on this page.
"Record Type Id: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 012xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
This issue occurs on Sandbox only. Also Only Salesforce iOS app has this issue.
1. Create a custom object and 2 record types (recordtypeA and recordtypeB) for the object
2. Assign recordtypeA to userA profile
3. Assign recordtypeB to userB profile
3. Create a new record by userB (record type is set recordtypeB)
4. Login to the org as userA using Salesforce for iOS
5. Open the created record
6. Tap [More] > [Clone]
7. Tap [Save], you'll see the error
Copy the record on desktop browser or using Salesforce for Android.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.