Lightning Dashboards - Can’t edit and save the dashboard when its set to viewing as another person
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-8093964 ·Reported By 47 users
User A creates a dashboard and sets the Viewing As to User B. User C has permissions Manage Dashboards in Public Folders & Manage Dynamic Dashboards. When User C tries to edit a component on the dashboard they get the following error:
"We're having trouble processing your request. Try again, or ask your Salesforce admin for help."
"You don't have permission to edit this dashboard. Ask your Salesforce admin or the dashboard owner for help"
The same thing happens if Viewing As user is set to any other user than the current user viewing the dashboard.
1) Log in as User A
2) Ensure you have another user (User C) available to LoginAs in the org.
3) Create a public dashboard folder and create a dashboard.
4) Set the Viewing As to another user (User B).
5) Now ensure the user (User C) you are logging in as has both the following permissions:
- Manage Dashboards in Public Folders
- Manage Dynamic Dashboards
6) Log in as that user (User C)
7) Go to the dashboard and try to edit and save it.
8) You will get the error - "We're having trouble processing your request. Try again, or ask your Salesforce admin for help" or "You don't have permission to edit this dashboard. Ask your Salesforce admin or the dashboard owner for help"
Give the user View All Data permission or remove View My Team's Dashboards permission.
Reported By (47)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.