Marketing Cloud User Password Reset doesn't work when API User is enabled
Last updated 2020-08-10 ·Reference W-7930016 ·Reported By 1 users
When a Marketing Cloud User has the API User option enabled, the Reset Password feature does not work.
- Go to Setup
- Administration > Users
- Select a User (Make sure the user has the "API User" flag ON)
- Click Reset Password
- Notice that it will indicate that the password was successfully reset and will receive an email indicating so
- Now, logout of this user and try to log back in using the original password
- Notice you will be logged in successfully and not prompted to change your password
- Use the Change Password feature on the User record or the Forgot Password feature when logging in
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.