Personalization is not rendered in Push Inbox CloudPage when opened via alert notification
Last updated 11 days ago ·Reference W-7826651 ·Reported By 5 users
Since the April 2019, it has been possible to use fields from the entry source data extension to personalize the CloudPage content sent as part of a Journey Builder Push Inbox send:
However, when performing an Alert + Inbox send via Journey, if the Inbox message is opened directly by click on the alert notification, the personalization substitutions are not applied as expected.
1. Create a CloudPage for use in Push Inbox send.
2. Add AMPscript or Personalization to CloudPage that will reference field in Journey entry source DE.
3. Create Inbox message in MobilePush with Method 'Alert + Inbox' and Send Method 'Interaction'.
4. Configure Inbox to reference the CloudPage created in Step 1.
5. Create Journey and add Inbox send activity to Journey. Configure Journey to use Data Extension entry source containing fields referenced in CloudPage personalization.
6. Activate Journey.
7. When Push is deliverd to device, click on the Alert to open CloudPage. Note: CloudPage does not render AMPscript or personalization.
8. Close app and reopen, navigate to Inbox and open message. Note: AMPscript and personalization displays when opened via Inbox.
As advised about the substitution of data extension values is only applied when the inbox message is opened via the app and not when opened by clicking the alert notification.
Bug fix required to get this functionality to work as expected when the message is opened by clicking the alert.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.