"Contacts to Multiple Accounts" is not enabled when "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple account" account setting is enabled via deployment
Last updated 2020-07-08 ·Reference W-7791894 ·Reported By 0 users
Contacts to Multiple Accounts feature(Link mentioned below) is not enabled properly when "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" account setting is enabled via Metadata API deployment.
1. Below is the deployment package content.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
2. Use the org where the Contact to Multiple Accounts feature is not enabled
3. Login to Workbench
4. In Workbench go to Migration-Deploy - choose "Single Package"
5. Choose package.zip and click Next and then Deploy
6. When the process is successfully finished, the status of "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" is "Enabled" however the Account contact Relationship object is not accessible, feature does not exist in Setup or under object manager.
7. Try to disable "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" and you will see below error
Error Details: "You can't disable Contacts to Multiple Accounts unless the feature is enabled".
Log a case with Salesforce Support in order to roll it back. After the roll back ,this feature can be re-enabled from Setup.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.