Contact address not populating or intermittent error when creating related child records from Accounts
Last updated 2 days ago ·Reference W-9192924 ·Reported By 12 users
This behavior may be intermittent. Occasionally, when creating child records from related lists on person account or standard account records, users intermittently see the following situations:
1. For person accounts, users are not able to save the child record and receive the following error: "Contact: id value of incorrect type:”. It then shows the Id of the Person Account Record, instead of the Contact Id, which is unexpected and is causing the error to be thrown. The affected lookup relationship field is a field created on the custom object and looks up to the Contact object.
2. When creating Contacts from the Accounts related lists one may occasionally not see address information from the Account. In this case trying again or refreshing the page can resolve the issue.
1. Enable Person Accounts.
2. Create a new Custom Object (CO)
3. Add a custom lookup field on CO object looking up to Contact
4. In Lighting App Builder add a CO related list to Person Account Record Page
5. Create a new Person Account
6. From CO Related List on Person Account click "New" - Note intermittently the Contact__c field will not be populated (it will be populated with AccountId and not ContactId). When you click "Save" it will throw an exception "invalid contact Id" and it will display account id
1. Populate the standard Billing Address fields on a standard (business) Account record.
2. In Lightning, navigate to the account's related list for Contacts and click "New" or Related Contacts and click "New Contact"
Actual Results: As per the following Knowledge Article: Contact is auto-populated with Account data
The new contact record should be populated with data contained on the Account record (i.e. Account Billing Address to Contact Mailing Address) however, users may find that intermittently the expected account fields are not properly populated on the new Contact creation window.
Add the Contact Lookup field to the related object Page Layout (If not already on there). Then manually choose the Contact record, replacing the Person Account record causing the error to be thrown.
Or repeat the contact creation process from related lists in order to populate the contact fields using the account's data.
8/12/2021 - The scope of this Known Issue has been expanded to also include the scenario where contact fields are not properly populated based on the related account's data.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.