Guest users fail to execute External Service actions in Flows
Last updated 2022-02-03 ·Reference W-8845504 ·Reported By 15 users
Guest users cannot execute External Service actions in Flows. When trying to run the External Service actions, the users get an internal server error or an error which indicates that the action name was not found.
Note: This article is for Guest users. For Community users, please see https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/issues_view?Id=a1p4V000001nV74
1. Follow the steps in https://trailhead.salesforce.com/ja/content/learn/modules/external-services/register-an-external-service and register an External Service.
2. Create a simple Flow using the External Service and activate it.
3. Enable Communities/Digital Experiences.
4. Create a "Customer Service" Community.
5. Check the "Public can access the site" checkbox on General Settings.
6. Click the guest user profile and turn on the Run Flows permission.
7. Add the Flow Component and choose the flow created in step#2.
8. Configure Audience and assign the flow to the Guest user type.
9. Publish the community.
10. Open the community as a Guest user and run the flow. You'll see an error.
If you're still using the legacy External Services, please migrate to the current version. Salesforce no longer supports the legacy version. (reference: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_ext_services_retire.htm&type=5)
If you have already migrated to the current version and are seeing this issue, please contact Salesforce Support, pointing to this article.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.