Community users fail to execute External Service actions in Flows
Last updated 2021-05-13 ·Reference W-6156008 ·Reported By 4 users
Community users cannot execute External Service actions in Flows. When trying to run the External Service actions, the users get an internal server error or an error which indicates that the action name was not found.
Note: This article is for Community users. For Guest users, please see https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/issues_view?Id=a1p4V000001nV7E
1. Follow the steps in https://trailhead.salesforce.com/ja/content/learn/modules/external-services/register-an-external-service and register an External Service.
2. Create a simple Flow using the External Service and activate it.
3. Create a Visualforce page which uses the flow. Create a Tab for it.
4. Enable Communities/Digital Experiences. Check the "Allow using standard external profiles for self-registration, user creation, and login" option in order to use a standard profile later.
5. Open the "Customer Community User" profile and add the Visualforce page to the "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" list.
6. Create a "Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce" community.
7. Add the "Customer Community User" profile as a member of the community.
8. Add the Tab created in step#3 to the Selected Tabs in the community.
9. Create a community user with the Customer Community User profile.
10. Login as a community user.
11. Open the Visualforce page and run the Flow. You'll get an error.
The example here is using a Visualforce page in order to execute a Flow. But the issue will always occur when accessing External Services via Flows.
If you're still using the legacy External Services, please migrate to the current version. Salesforce no longer supports the legacy version. (reference: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_ext_services_retire.htm&type=5)
If you have already migrated to the current version and are seeing this issue, please contact Salesforce Support, pointing to this article.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.