Utility Bar is overlapping the bottom of Lightning pages blocking content in Chrome 87 and Chromium Edge 87
Last updated 2020-12-18 ·Reference W-8565612 ·Reported By 7 users
When using Chrome 87 and Chromium Edge 87 in a Salesforce Lightning App with the Utility Bar added, the Utility Bar overlaps the bottom of the Lightning page potentially blocking users from viewing or accessing some content on the page.
General Steps to Reproduce in a Fresh Org:
1) In Lightning Experience go to Setup | Apps | App Manager
2) Click the down arrow on the Sales Lightning app’s row and select Edit
3) In Lightning App Builder click Utility Items (Desktop Only) | Add Utility Item, and add any component such as Chatter Feed, and then click Save.
4) Go to the App launcher and select the Sales App
5) Open an Account record
Expected Results: Utility Bar does not overlap the bottom of Lightning Page in Chrome 87 and Chromium Edge 87.
Actual Results: In Chrome 87 and Chromium Edge 87 the Utility Bar overlaps the bottom of the Lightning page potentially blocking users from viewing or accessing some content on the page.
1) Have users switch to an alternate Lightning Experience supported browser such as Firefox where this display issue does not occur
2) Remove the Utility Bar from the App temporarily until the display issue is fixed for the impacted browsers
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.