Classic - List - If a Task (or Event) with a blank Subject is inline edited and a Validation error occurs, the record is not displayed in the pop-up
Last updated 2021-02-04 ·Reference W-8388591 ·Reported By 1 users
You can change the Task validation rules in Classic in a way that allows empty Subject lines.
If a user attempts to inline edit a subject from a blank value, the inline edit error window displays oddly.
1) Login to Salesforce and switch to "Classic" UI
2) Access to [Setup] - [Customize] - [Activity] - [Task Page Layouts], then open the page layout with Edit mode.
3) Click the property icon in the "Subject" field of the "Task Detail" section, uncheck the "Required" option, and click "OK". Then click "Save" on the page layout.
4) Access to [Setup] - [Customize] - [Activity] - [Task Validation Rules], then click "New" button in Validation Rules section.
5) Set the following and click "Save".
・Rule Name : any
・Active : On
・Error Conditon Formula : NOT(ISNEW())
・Error Messaage : any
6) Go to "Activities" Home and click "New Task" button.
7) Click "Save" with the Task subject blank.
8) Click the "Create New View" link in "Activities" Home.
9) Set the following and click Save.
・View Name : any
・View Unique Name : any
・Filter : [Task] [equals] [True]
10) Execute the created task list view and click the pencil icon of the subject of the record with a blank subject.
11) Click "Save" in "Edit Subject" modal.
12) The record will not appear in the pop-up window and the list view remains Saving.
Edit on the edit page by click Edit link
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.