2GP version creation fails when translations are already in a dependent package: Inactive translations cannot be uploaded
Last updated 2021-03-05 ·Reference W-8072278 ·Reported By 8 users
When a 2GP depends on managed package(1GP), where the 2GP version contains at least one of the same language translations as the 1GP package then it will fail with an error message like: "Inactive Translations Cannot be Uploaded".
1) Create a 1GP package version with at least one language translation in it.
2) Set up a DX project for creating a 2GP package version with a different namespace.
3) Generate source for the 2GP package version that contains at least one of the same language translations in the 1GP.
4) In the sfdx-project.json file, specify the the 1GP version 04t id as a dependency.
5) Create a 2GP package version using force:version:create.
6) The package version creation will fail with an error - "Inactive Translations Cannot be Uploaded".
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.