Package install fails if it contains permission set group and if there is a perm set group with same api name in subscriber org
Last updated 10 days ago ·Reference W-8062283 ·Reported By 3 users
Package install fails if it contains permission set group and if there is a perm set group with same api name in subscriber org. The error is:
The API name you entered is already in use. Enter a unique API name. PermSetGroupName: The API name you entered is already in use. Enter a unique API name.
It happens in two scenarios:
- Two managed package with different namespace, but both have permission set group with same api name, if one package is installed in a subscriber org, the other package install fails
- One managed package with a permission set group, and there is a locally created permission set group in a subscriber org with same api name, the package fails to install in the subscriber org.
1. In two DE orgs, create different namespaces, and create permission set with same api name in both orgs
2. Add the permission set group as the only component to a managed package(Package A and B in the two orgs), and upload released v1.0
3. Install package A in a subscriber org and it is successful, then install package B and it fails.
4. In a different subscriber org, create a permission set group with same api name as in step 1, then install package A or B, and it fails.
No workaround when two managed packages are involved.
Rename the locally created permission set group if only one managed package involved.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.