Responding to Outbound Message does not trigger Text Response for Next Keyword when replying with y, n, or yes
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-7769424 ·Reported By 0 users
After receiving an Outbound message configured with a Next Keyword, the expectation is that a response to that message will be appended with the Next Keyword and will trigger a response from a Text Response message setup for that keyword. However, it has been observed that this does not happen when responding with some messages, for example with the text 'y', 'n' or 'yes'.
1. Create a Text Response message in MobileConnect and configure the keyword for this message (e.g. ORDER).
2. Create an Outbound message in MobileConnect and configure this message to use the keyword configured for the Text Response as its Next Keyword.
3. Send Outbound message to a subscriber.
4. Subscriber responds to the message with 'y'.
5. Text Response message is not received after sending 'y'.
Note: instances of this issue have primarily been reported when using a keyword on a shared code.
Bypass the Next Keyword functionality by instructing subscribers on how to respond to the Outbound message with the Text Response keyword included in their message.
For example, if the Text Response keyword is ORDER. Instead of configuring the Outbound message to use ORDER as its Next Keyword, the Outbound message would read as follows:
'Would you like to confirm your order? Reply "ORDER Y" for yes or "ORDER N" for no.'
The subscriber can then response with 'ORDER Y' and receive the Text Response message.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.