Conditional Formatting is not working when the table is pivoting and reference column is hidden
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-7961283 ·Reported By 3 users
When the table is pivoting, if we choose to conditionally format a column by referencing a hidden column then the chosen formatting is not applied to that column.
1. Open a Dataset lens
2. Set Table Mode to Compare Table.
3. Click Clone Column in the Count of Rows dropdown.
4. Rename the new column using Edit this column and set Column Alias as AB11 and Column Header as AB.
5. Click Apply button and click Close button in the same window.
6. Hide column AB.
7. Group by any two columns. (e.g. Industry, Type).
8. Click on Formatting icon.
9. Set Count of Rows under choose column and then click Conditional Formatting.
10. Click Add Rule and define Range: <2 - Red, >= Green.
11. Change Reference Column to AB and click the Apply button.
12. Now change the Table Mode to Pivot Table and see the conditional formatting doesn’t work.
13. If the reference column (AB) is not hidden then the conditional formatting will work.
Do not hide the reference column.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.