[JSAR] Duplicate Renewal Records Created when Workflow Rule performs Field Update on Contract
Last updated 2021-10-20 ·Reference W-9167336 ·Reported By 5 users
Fixed in version CPQ-236
A Contract field update performed by a workflow rule will unexpectedly generate duplicate renewal records.
1.Ensure that the new Large Scale Amend / Renew Service is enabled: Setup > Installed Packages > Salesforce CPQ (configure) > Subscriptions and Renewals > Use Legacy Amend/Renew Service = False > Save.
2. Create a Workflow Rule on the Contract Object that will perform a Field Update on the Contract with Evaluation Criteria = Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it's edited.
1. Create an Account and Opportunity.
2. Create a Primary Quote with any Start Date, and add a Subscription Product.
3. Navigate to the Opportunity, and set the 'Contracted' field to True.
4. Navigate to the Contract, and set the 'Renewal Quoted' field to True.
Observe duplicate renewal records were generated.
Use the Legacy Amend / Renew service instead:
Setup > Installed Packages > Salesforce CPQ (configure) > Subscriptions and Renewals > Use Legacy Amend/Renew Service = True
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.