Unexpected dependency on work order when there is a formula field referencing custom label named workorder and when field service is enabled
Last updated 2021-07-20 ·Reference W-9164221 ·Reported By 1 users
Unexpected dependency on work order when there is a formula field referencing custom label named workorder and when field service is enabled.
1. In a DE org which has field service permission set license provisioned, create a custom label with name "WorkOrder"
2. Create a formula field on account, referencing the label created above:
"Banking", $Label.WorkOrder ,
3. Add namespace to the org and create a managed package
4. Add the custom field created at step 2 to the managed package and click view dependencies, notice there is none
5. Enable field service, and click upload to upload the package, and notice "Work Order" is selected as required feature dependency
6. Click 'view dependencies' and notice the formula field created the dependency
7. Disable field service, and edit&save the formula field on Account, and review dependency and it is gone
Do not enable field service if there is no intention to reference it in the package.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.