Event Label returns "0" when using Bulk API to query the ConversationDefinitionEvent Object
Last updated 2021-04-30 ·Reference W-9138422 ·Reported By 2 users
Einstein Bot customers are reporting that the Event Label returns "0" on about half the records from the ConversationDefinitionEvent when using Bulk API. Querying the same ConversationDefinitionEvent records with "0" using SOAP API can return detailed information.
NOTE: The Tableau CRM (Formerly Einstein Analytics) Analytics Integration User uses Bulk API v1 to pull data from supported Salesforce objects and is also impacted.
More information to Monitor, Analyze, and Refine Bot Activity can be found in this documentation:
- Login to any org that have active Einstein Bots over the past 7 days
- Query the ConversationDefinitionEvent object using a tool like Data Loader or Workbench using SOAP API
- NOTE: There is detailed information as "0" is the default value only if null is returned.
- Query the same ConversationDefinitionEvent records but use Bulk API instead
- NOTE: About half of the Event Labels have a value of "0"
ALSO NOTE: The same results will be observed in Tableau CRM if the Local Connection to the ConversationDefinitionEvent object as that uses Bulk API v1.
- Use SOAP API to pull subsets of records.
- Tableau CRM customers there is no work around at this time.
NOTE: Even with Tableau CRM Growth or Plus licenses, the Salesforce External Connection Connector does use SOAP API based on a user's credentials in an org. However this is limited to version 46 of the API currently and will not be able to pull this object even with the Manage Bots system permission.
More information on the configuration of the Tableau CRM Salesforce External Connector and the considerations for limits can be found in this documentation:
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.