Distributed Marketing - Campaign Send Flow Personalize Messages modal does not use custom mobile phone field for SMS Preview
Last updated 7 days ago ·Reference W-9099102 ·Reported By 1 users
The Mobile Number API Name for Contact/Lead attribute values on the MCDM Campaign Messages and MCDM Pending Submissions components are not respected when previewing SMS messages in the Campaign Flow.
Instead, you are presented with the error message; Enter the required field Phone for this Contact/Lead.
These values are respected when initiating the send, just not the preview.
- Create a Campaign and connect to journey with SMS message
- Create a contact with a value in the Mobile field, but not the Phone field and put the contact on the Campaign
- In Lightning App Builder, on the MCDM Campaign Messages component, set the Mobile Number API Name for Contact to MobilePhone
- Go to the Campaign and click Segmented Send.
- Select the contact and click Personalize
- Observe the Preview on the Personalize Messages modal showing the "Enter the required field Phone for this Contact." error message (note that it says Phone, not MobilePhone - it should be looking at MobilePhone here)
Populate the default Phone field. This does not affect the value that gets sent to the DE during a send. The send actually does pull the custom field value and that's what correctly gets recorded in the DE.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.