Restricted values defined in Contact Builder for a Data Extension are not available in Journey Builder
Last updated 2020-09-14 ·Reference W-4982205 ·Reported By 6 users
When following the documentation below to configure Restricted Attribute Values, you will note that Journey Builder does not actually restrict these values when configuring filter based activities.
1)Create a data extension (DE) "Customers" with field Subscriberkey and firstname
2) Add the DE to an attribute group within contact builder linking contactkey = subscriberkey
3) Within the attribute group click on the field firstname
4) Add restricted value "bob" and save
5) Create a new journey and choose and configure an entry source
6) Drag a decision split on to the canvas
7) Configure the filter expression on the first path
8) Choose contact data > attribute group > customers and drag firstname on to the canvas
9) Observe there is no drop down box that appears
9) Set value equals to "john" which is not a a value within the restricted values
10) Save the decision split and note it does not error
11) Save and Validate the Journey and note it does not error.
Enter the restricted values manually.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.