In Lightning, changing the owner on an Activated Contract returns "You don’t have permission to take that action on this record or related records"
Last updated 10 days ago ·Reference W-7791615 ·Reported By 5 users
In Lightning, when the profile of the logged in user does not have "Modify All Data", "Modify All on Contract" and "Activate Contracts" permission
Attempts to change owner on an Activated Contract will return the following message:
"You don’t have permission to take that action on this record or related records. For help, contact your Salesforce admin."
1) Set Organization-Wide Defaults to Private on Account and Contract
2) Create a new Profile by cloning System Admin profile
- Uncheck "Activate Contracts" under General User Permissions
- Uncheck "Modify All Data"
- Contract Object permission: Full CRUD + View All on Contracts. Uncheck "Modify All" on Contracts
- Check Transfer Record permission
3) Create a new User and assign the Profile created in 2).
4) Login as Admin and create a new Contract and activate it.
5) Login as the new User created in 3) and go to the Contract created in 4).
6) Change the owner of the Contract to yourself.
7) "You don’t have permission to take that action on this record or related records. For help, contact your Salesforce admin." will be shown
Change the owner using Classic (Aloha)
Enable "Activate Contracts" permission on affected user's profile
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.