'Drop Pin' ClickToCreate action - different behaviour on Desktop vs Mobile version
Last updated 2021-06-17 ·Reference W-9478051 ·Reported By 0 users
When using the Drop a Pin feature to create a C2C Map Click record, if the C2C Name field is mapped to the record Name field, then on mobile devices the name of the record is auto-populated with a Street field value, but on the Desktop - it is auto-populated with the "Map Click” value.
Issue discovered in Maps v232.0
1. Open Maps
2. Right-click on the map and select Drop Pin > Create record
3. Select Object/RecordType and click Continue
4. Note how the record name is populated with 'Map Click'
5. Now open the Maps on Mobile (or 'Maps Mobile' tab on Desktop)
6. Long-hold specific location on the map and select Drop a Pin > Create Record
7. Select Object/RecordType and click Continue
Notice how that same record name field is populated with the Street name this time.
Enter the record name manually
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.