Triggered automation ran twice when only one file was uploaded
Last updated 2021-06-09 ·Reference W-9304475 ·Reported By 0 users
Triggered automations can run twice under certain criteria:
1) Business units are configured to use the top level EID ftp folder path.
2) One business unit has a triggered automation configured to queue files and is using a file name pattern similar to the one being used in triggered automations across other BUs.
1) Create at least 3 business units (BU1,BU2,BU3) that are all configured to use the same ftp folder path. All three triggered automations created below should be referencing the same folder.
2) Create a triggered automation in BU1 that queues files and uses the file name pattern: contains - MC_TEST
3) Add a 2 minute wait activity.
4) Create a triggered automation in BU2 that does NOT queue files and uses the file name pattern: contains - BU2_MC_TEST
5) Add a 1 minute wait activity.
6) Create a triggered automation in BU3 that does NOT queue files and uses the file name pattern: contains - BU3_MC_TEST
7) Add a 1 minute wait activity.
8) Upload the BU2_MC_TEST file to the ftp. This will start BU1 and BU2 automation.
9) Upload the BU3_MC_TEST file to the ftp. This will start BU3 automation and create an instance of BU1 automation.
Configure all triggered automations to use a unique file name when triggering.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.