Unable to add Opportunity Split in Lightning, return an error that the percentage doesn’t equal 100%
Last updated 2021-03-29 ·Reference W-8538277 ·Reported By 12 users
Unable to add Opportunity Split in Lightning, return an error that the percentage doesn’t equal 100% when a newly inserted row has larger % than the Opportunity owner's original split %.
1. Login to an org where Revenue Opportunity Split is enabled.
2. Go to an Opportunity record.
3. Add 3 Opportunity Team members to the Opportunity.
4. Edit Opportunity Splits with two users (Opportunity owner and another user)
6. Edit Opportunity Splits again as follows:
- Add the third team member having a greater split percentage than the Opportunity Owner.
- Adjust the other non-owner user's split % so the total becomes 100%.
7. Save. In Lightning, validation error occurs: "Item 3 has errors. You can't adjust necessary split percentages from the opportunity owner's split., Can't update splits: percentages don't add up to 100.00%."
***NOTE*** This works in Classic.
There are two workarounds:
1. When inserting a new row, set a temporary value smaller than the owner's current %, then edit again to set the desired values.
2. Delete the Opportunity Splits. Then, adjust the Opportunity Split for the Opportunity owner to 100% and save. Then add the needed Opportunity Split records back, adjust the Opportunity Split back to the original value for the Opportunity Owner and save.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.