Uploading a file in Library results in “An error has occurred” or Content tab shows "No Content Found" for non admin users
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7830622 ·Reported By 6 users
Uploading a file in Library shows “An error has occurred” message for non-system administrators. Due to this error, the user is unable to upload a file into the Library.
These conditions occur when the following two conditions are met.
- Critical Update "Require Permission to View Record Names in Lookup Fields" is activated.
- "View All Lookup Record Names" perm is disabled for a non-system administrator.
1. Activate Require Permission to View Record Names in Lookup Fields from [Setup]|[Critical Update]
2. Clone Standard user profile [Setup]|[Manage Users]|[Profiles]
-Uncheck View View Setup and Configuration
-Uncheck View All Lookup Record Names
3. Create a ContentVersion record type and assign it as the default Content Version record type for the profile created at Step2.
[Setup][Salesforce Files][Record Types]
4. Create a new user with the cloned profile.
4. Log in as the created user.
5. Click the Library tab then click Contribute and choose any File.
6. Save or Publish Content page opens with an error message.
Deactivate the critical update or enable the perm.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.