Different Locales with similar Short code / Keyword combinations are assigned to incorrect Subscription in MobileConnect
Last updated 2020-11-09 ·Reference W-7785641 ·Reported By 1 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release October 2020
When an account is configured with two short codes that are the same but have different locales AND both codes have the same keyword, imports in MobileConnect can import contacts into a subscription for the incorrect short code.
1. In an account with two identical short codes that utilize different locales in MobileConnect, click Add Contacts button in Overview page.
2. Select "To All Contacts"
3. Upload file then click Next
4. Select Code & Keyword section and select the JOIN keyword for the code for the first locale short code.
5. Continue to sections Configure Mapping and then Review & Save
6. The import appears to be successful but the contact is actually imported into the short code with the different locale.
-Ensure that the keywords used by each short code are distinct
-Use the option to auto-subscribe contacts to a keyword when sending via Journey Builder or directly to a data extension
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.