Marketing Cloud Connect Email Thumbnail Does Not Display on Journey Builder Triggered Sends in Salesforce due to missing Email ID
Last updated 2021-06-08 ·Reference W-7727834 ·Reported By 47 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release June 2021
When creating a Journey in the Marketing Cloud that pushes tracking back to an integrated Sales Cloud Org, an associated triggered email send definition is created in Salesforce to store the stats and tracking information. Currently these triggered sends in Salesforce are not capturing the Email ID associated with the send and therefore the email thumbnail cannot be previewed in Salesforce.
1) Create an integrated Journey with an email send that pushes tracking to Salesforce
2) Activate and send to Contacts/Leads
3) Navigate to Salesforce > Marketing Cloud Connect
4) Click on the Triggered Send option to view all Triggered Sends
5) Find your newly created triggered send and click to view the email send page
6) Where the thumbnail preview would normally be shown, you will see the message 'The email thumbnail could not be retrieved'
View the thumbnail in the Marketing Cloud.
Reported By (47)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.