Experience Site Emails Silently Fail when Using Lightning Email Templates and Merge Fields
Last updated 18 days ago ·Reference W-8828716 ·Reported By 4 users
In the latest release (Spring 21) Lightning Email Templates were exposed when setting up Experience Site (Community) emails. These will fail when using merge fields.
1. Create a Lightning Email Template and set a merge field in the body of the message.
2. Set the email template to public.
4. Navigate to Setup > Digital Experiences > All Sites > Workspaces
5. Select the Administration tab and then Emails.
6. Set the Forgot Email Template to the Lightning Template created in step 1
8. Perform a forgot password from the login page of a community. No email is received.
The option to use these template types is not fully supported for Site (Community) emails. Please use Classic templates if using merge fields is required for the emails intended purposes.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.