Navigation on page with expired or invalid session results in redirect loop and extended delay in redirecting to the community login page
Last updated 2021-05-06 ·Reference W-8759966 ·Reported By 2 users
When attempting to navigate to a community page after the user session expires or is invalidated, a loading delay can be experienced before the page is redirected to the community login page. The delay can range from a short delay (2 - 3 seconds) to a slightly longer delay (7-10 seconds).
- Expected Result:
User is redirected immediately to the login page.
- Actual Result:
Redirect delay of 2 - 10 seconds.
1) Create a lightning community e.g. Customer Service.
2) Make sure the community is not Publicly accessible.
3) Activate and Publish the community.
4) Login to the live community as a user, org alternatively just use your admin user to open the live community.
5) When you land on the home page, delete or modify the 'sid' cookie for the community domain. Alternatively, open a new browser tab (in same window), access the community home page, and logout via the UI. NOTE: This part of the repro will effectively simulate an expired or invalid session, so this step is not representive of a use case.
6) Click on any page component that may invoke navigation services such as a link on the nav bar.
- Making the community 'Error' page (/error) publicly accessible (Builder > Page List > Error > Page Settings > Page Access: Public) may avoid this loop. Only consider this if it's okay to have this page publicly accessible.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.